The Met: Live in HD Season 13 Announced!
The new season of the Met: Live in HD has just been released, and it's got something for everyone! The season features returning favorites like Verdi's La Traviata, and new releases such as Marnie, based on Winston Graham's thriller.
Opera-goers will get to see Anna Netrebko portray the title role in Adriana Lecouvreur, the incoming Met music director Yannick Nézet-Séguin conduct La Traviata and the 20th century masterpiece Dialogues des Carmélites, by Poulenc.
As always, the audience will be treated to a pre-show discussion with Dr. James Caplinger, from the University of Charleston, 30 minutes before each performance. These discussions will also include coffees, wine and light hors' devours.
The Met: Live in HD will be presented on the following dates:
- Guiseppe Verdi’s Aida, October 6 at 12:55 p.m.
- Camille Saint-Saëns’ Samson et Dalila, October 20 at 12:55 p.m.
- Giacomo Puccini’s La Fanciulla del West, October 27 at 12:55 p.m.
- Nico Muhly/Libretto Nicholas Wright’s Marnie, November 10 at 12:55 p.m.
- Guiseppe Verdi’e La Traviata, December 15 at 12:55 p.m.
- Francesco Cilea’s Adriana Lecouvreur, January 12, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
- Georges Bizet’s Carmen, February 2, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
- Gaetano Donizetti’s La Fille du Régiment, March 2, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
- Richard Wagner’s Die Walküre, March 30, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
- Frances Poulenc’s Dialogues des Carmélites, May 11, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Tickets are $18 for general admission, $14 for seniors (60+) and $10 for children/students. Season tickets are available. Call the box office at 304-645-3838 to buy your tickets today!